Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Challenges

In my quest to do different challenges, I have found a couple blogs (Thanks, Anna!).

For Allison's Suggestive Sunday Challenge this week, she suggested we use a sentiment as the focus of our card and refrain from using any other stamped images. I don't have very many sentiment stamps, so it was a challenge just to find one! I finally located one I liked that was included in the CTMH My Acrylix (R) Stamp of the Month set from February, Endless Love.



All products from Close to my Heart: paper packet (More to Adore, Level 2), Exclusive Inks (tm) Stamp Pads (Chocolate, Hollyhock), eyelet (Holloyhock), textured cardstock (Blush), Cardstock (Vanilla Cream, Chocolate), button (Hollyhock), adhesive (Bonding Memories).

The second challenge in which I participated was from the Arty Girlz Challenge Blog. This week, they offered a sketch challenge. The format I chose was 2.5" x 3.5", a.k.a. Artist Trading Card. I love, love, love sketch challenges, and this was no exception. I liked it so much that I made several of these ATCs to swap.



Products: cardstock (Die Cuts With a View Pocket full of Posies premium 12x12 and mat stacks and Glitter mat stack), clear epoxy stickers (JoAnn Craft Essentials large square bubbles), adhesive (Glue Dots, mini).

8 comments:

Annapurna said...

Nice job with both of them. I had a few sets with sayings on them, but not quite big enough to take up the whole card.

Let me know how following me is going :-)

Julie Allain said...

Beautiful card Rachel

Thanks for joining in with Arty Girlz I hope you will again xx

Crissi Harvey said...

Great ATC love the colours.
Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.

crissi xx

Kath Stewart said...

Great take on the sketch Rachel and love the bright colours you have used
Kath
xxxx

Bev said...

Great card, love the colours

Dawn said...

great job with both cards.

It's amazing how many new sites Anna is able to find ;-)

Sorry for the delay on my ATC, finished it today and will be giving it to Elisabeth tomorrow for the mail. I enjoyed making it and can't wait to get the others!

Jami said...

Great cards. I love the sentiment.

Tracy said...

LOL I will make sure I change your name on my site!
Love your cards!