Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Countdown to Christmas, and Blog Candy

When I was young, my mom would get an Advent calendar, and my sister and I would take turns opening the little door each day to reveal a chocolate. I was usually odd (don't say it!) and my sister, even. Oh how I looked forward to those odd days. I didn't even like the chocolates much; I liked opening the doors. I enjoyed tearing the perforation and discovering a shape below the chocolate. In the years after I left home, my mom continued to send me Advent calendars. But without that childlike excitement, I usually didn't open the doors.

Now I have taken that excitement and applied my current, craftiness to create a reusable Advent calendar. Each day in December, my husband and my daughter will take turns pulling out a little drawer filled with Hershey's Kisses!

Photobucket



Materials:
Paper: Evensong B&T Duos, Level 2 Paper Packet (CTMH)
Stickers: Evensong My Stickease (CTMH)
Rub-ons (CTMH)
Brads (CTMH)
Countdown Calendar with number stickers included (Karen Foster Design)


And head on over to Jami's blog. For blog candy. Congrats on 7,000 hits, Jami!

No comments: