Saturday, December 27, 2008

Yes, I do create scrapbook layouts!

My 12x12 scrapbooking has taken a back seat lately to other paper crafts. So, in an effort to return to my roots, so to speak, I present a 2-page layout I created yesterday:



The inspiration came from a dress yesterday which I saw at the Fashion in Film exhibit at the New Mexico Museum of Art. The dress was worn by Joanne Whalley in the 1994 tv mini-series "Scarlett", a sequel to Gone With The Wind.



I was struck by the flowers on the neckline, particularly the contrast of the flowers with the color of the dress. I'm not a big fan of lace, but this is one exception.

And the only scrapbook subject I could pair with the inspiration of such a beautiful dress is my beautiful daughter.



The letter I wrote to my daughter right after the concert.



Supplies (Close to my Heart unless noted):
Cardstock: Spring Iris, Creme Brulee
Floral Die-cuts
Ink: Black
My Acrylix Stamp sets: Annotations, My Heart, Chocolate Alphabets, large and small

1 comment:

Reeceloui said...

I am impress to visit this video.This is really nice idea to create own scrapbook. She also take a good scrapbook subject such a beautiful dress is my beautiful daughter.

Knit